Reports to: NFTY Director and NFTY Pennsylvania Area Regional Director of Youth Engagement On-site Mentor: Part-time Mentor (TBD) Employment Status: Part Time – 8 - 12 hours/week plus two full weekends
Job Summary Year 1: 1. To coordinate Pittsburgh-wide youth engagement among local URJ congregations 2. To provide opportunities for teens across Pittsburgh to engage Jewishly and socially with one another 3. To support a strong NFTY presence among Jewish teens and congregations in Pittsburgh, including, but not limited to: a. Understanding the NFTY culture, regional traditions and NFTY lingo to help NFTY Pittsburgh teens feel welcome at full region events b.Encourage and recruit teens to participate in NFTY, URJ programs and camps 4. To advance teen engagement in Jewish life in the Pittsburgh area through events and other efforts 5. To support a youth movement across the Pittsburgh area in which professionals, teens, and families invest in and strengthen the caliber of teen engagement in Judaism. 6. Be a part of the process to develop a NFTY Pittsburgh 3 year plan
Essential Functions & Expectations: 1. Plan, implement and oversee NFTY Pittsburgh youth events ensuring events are youth- led, generally evaluated as outstanding experiences, safe, according to NFTY policy, and within budget. Engage 72 individual/separate teens throughout year 1 Four (4) NFTY Pittsburgh events per year, at least one focusing on Leadership Development
2. Effectively communicate NFTY Pittsburgh teen related information to clergy, congregational youth advisors, parents, lay leaders and teens. Minimum of monthly email communication with parents and teens Maintenance of NFTY Pittsburgh Facebook page with at least weekly updates Maintain financial records and finance reports with at least monthly reports to the NFTY Finance Manager
3. Ten monthly meetings of NFTY Pittsburgh council (a team of teens representing each congregation) to plan and implement the four teen led programs in item 1. 4. Keep clergy group informed of the progress of NFTY Pittsburgh Two in-person reports regarding progress of NFTY Pittsburgh to clergy group each year
5. Coordinate at least one professional learning opportunity for Pittsburgh area youth professionals in partnership with NFTY-PAR Advisor
6. Develop relationships with each congregation Minimum of 2 congregational visits per month.- this may consist of attendance at a teen learning program, youth group event, Shabbat service or meetings with individual teens and youth professionals/volunteers.
7. Attend Pittsburgh area youth professionals meetings
8. Consult with on-site mentor at least 2 hours per month
9. Attend 2 NFTY Regional Events per year with teens
10. Work collaboratively with the NFTY Regional Advisor.
11. Travel to and/or participate in at least one North American Staff meeting.
Minimum Qualifications: 1. Bachelors degree in related field 2. Experience in youth work 3. 2 year commitment 4. Ability to communicate and travel during day, evening and weekend hours 5. Demonstrated skills with social media and related methods of communication 6. Demonstrated organizational skills
Physical Requirements: Physical stamina to function and maintain focus and leadership for up to 3 consecutive days Ability to function on less than optimal sleep for 2 consecutive nights
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.