Have a conversation with Union for Reform Judaism President Rabbi Richard Jacobs and Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion President Aaron Panken.
Engage in dialogue with the Chairman of the Board Stephen Sacks.
Discuss solutions to everyday congregational problems.
Explore Torah-based governance.
Improve leadership skills.
Increase Jewish knowledge.
Meet and network with other Reform synagogue leaders.
Share successful program ideas with other presidents.
- This seminar was easily one of the most meaningful professional development experiences of my entire career.
- I have already started to put the things I learned at the Scheidt Seminar into practice. I [have] three pages of ideas and thoughts that came to me as a result of the seminar experience.
- Not only was this an inspiring leadership development experience, but it was a meaningful Jewish experience as well. By praying and studying together my fellow Presidents and Presidents-Elect formed a connection that links us back to the very roots of our spiritual heritage.
President, Bet Shalom
- It was a once in a lifetime experience for me, coming from a small 60
family congregation to share in this wonderful event. I took away so much
information, received some fabulous contacts and am now able to move forward
with so much enthusiasm to run my Congregation. If Enthusiasm is a bug, I
definitely caught it in Atlanta.
Temple Shalom Waterloo
- I had the pleasure of attending the Scheidt Seminar in Atlanta last week. It is difficult to express the experience of sharing four days with almost 100 other Presidents and Presidents-elect, but the gift is priceless! Although I have attended numerous Biennials and various kallot over the years, I had no idea what to expect of this experience. All I can tell you is: I hope I have enough time in my presidency to let my congregants know a fraction of what I have learned from the facilitators who were there to guide us through our weekend.