7 Ways to Make Teen & Young Adult Israel Travel a Part of your Congregation
1. Invite an Israel Programs representative to your congregation Our staff loves to visit congregations and talk with potential participants. Request a visit!
2. Follow your teens' travel all year long online Ask your teen participants to send back postcards as they travel, link to the Israel Program blogs from your congregational website and follow programs on social media.
3. Make returning teens Israel Ambassadors Ask teens to write an article for your congregational bulletin about their summer or have alumni plan an Israel program for the junior youth group.
4. Host an Israel Shabbat or Yom Hatzmaut Celebration Share photos of your teens' travels, invite students to give a d'var torah about their experiences, and host an oneg with Israeli foods. Have your teens plan an Israel Day celebration with Israeli food, art projects and an Israeli movie.
5. Have adults share stories about their first trip to Israel Ask clergy and youth professionals to write about their first time in Israel and the importance of having and Israel experience. Share in your congregation's bulletin and blog.
6. Start an Israel Travel Scholarship Fund Help more of your teens have an Israel experience by setting up a scholarship fund.
7. Give your congregants VIP status for a URJ Kesher Birthright Israel trip Go to the Kesher Birthright website to refer your congregants ages 18-26 for a free 10-day trip to Israel.