The countdown is on: The URJ Biennial is just eight weeks away, which means the time is now to get your community interested, engaged, and registered – before early-bird registration ends on October 16. In this case, the early bird gets the special rates and group discounts!
Whether you’re a longtime Biennial attendee or brand new to the Biennial experience, you’re going to love this year’s event, which combines the best of the past with creative new innovations and opportunities. Here’s a sneak peek at what you can expect:
- ~150 learning sessions: Our dynamic learning sessions are led by experts in all facets of congregational life, from membership to leadership, social justice to social media. Check out the full schedule to tailor an experience specific to your congregation’s interests and needs.
- Go deep on pressing issues: To help you make the most of your Biennial learning, we’ve designed four “intensive” tracks, curated experiences focused on vital topics: leadership development, engagement, early childhood engagement, and social justice.
- Special delegation perks: The more, the merrier! Register as a congregational delegation to “divide and conquer,” maximizing the sessions you attend and compounding the Biennial’s impact on your entire congregation. You’ll receive delegation-only benefits, including discounts, a designated Biennial coach, and exclusive on-site networking opportunities.
- Extended experiences: Make your time at the Biennial as impactful as possible by adding on half-day Biennial Extensions focused on congregational education, the World Zionist Congress elections, or gender and justice in the Jewish community.
- Memorable Chicago adventures: Explore the Windy City with us by choosing an off-site experience. Visit Chicago's historic synagogues, tour world-renowned architecture, explore the famous Art Institute of Chicago, visit the powerful Illinois Holocaust Museum, check out Wrigley Field –to name just a few of the options.
- The very best Hanukkah shopping: The Biennial Exhibit Hall is your one-stop-shop for Judaica, art, tour providers, and more – the ultimate shopping destination for the upcoming holiday.
Don’t forget: The very best way to maximize the Biennial’s impact on your congregation is by attending as a delegation. We’ve created a customizable Biennial recruitment toolkit, full of resources to help you encourage others – including clergy, educators, lay leaders, up-and-coming leaders, college students, and teens – to join you at the URJ Biennial.
Finally, don’t forget to join the Biennial 2019 Group in The Tent, where you can connect with other attendees and receive up-to-the-minute programming announcements.
We can’t wait to see you and your congregation at the URJ Biennial 2019 in Chicago this December. Make sure you register by October 16 to secure early-bird prices!
Have something to say about this post? Join the conversation in The Tent, the communications and collaboration platform for congregational leaders of the Reform Movement. You can also tweet us or tell us how you feel on Facebook.