As part of the ongoing campaign to act to end gun violence in the United States, NFTY: The Reform Jewish Youth Movement is organizing efforts to get Reform teens and college students to the national March for Our Lives in Washington, D.C., on Saturday, March 24, and to connect people and resources with the dozens of other marches happening around the country.
Here’s what’s in the works right now and ways to stay up-to-date on all the quickly-evolving plans:
Kabbalat Shabbat Service and Concert: A special Shabbat service and concert will be held at Washington Hebrew Congregation on Friday, March 23. Tell us your plans and get on the list for more information.
- Reform Movement Pre-March Rally: We will gather as a movement on Saturday, March 24 at the March for Our Lives near the start of the route. Register now and join the Facebook event.
- Other Reform Movement Events: Reform congregations in the Washington, D.C., area are planning other events to welcome marchers, build community, and celebrate Shabbat. Register now.
- Transportation: We are exploring transportation options from major cities to Washington, D.C., and will share that information soon.
- College Students: NFTY alumni are organizing college students across U.S. campuses to attend the March in Washington D.C. Get connected.
- Marches in Other Cities: If you’re planning to march in other cities, register to join us and tell us how else you will be joining NFTY in this historic moment.
Learn more about how NFTY is mobilizing for gun violence prevention, then sign up at NFTY Fights for Gun Violence Prevention to participate in these efforts. You can also visit www.rac.org/gvp for tangible ways to take action to prevent gun violence.