Our hearts are with the people of Israel at this difficult time and we pray for the safety and immediate release of all of the hostages.
With an eye toward the future we envision, we offer these steps we hope Israelis and Palestinians will take at this moment of intense challenge and deep pain.
Read and watch Rabbi Rick Jacobs' sermon, delivered during Shabbat morning services at the URJ's 150th anniversary gathering.
- Urge Congress to Support Military Aid for Israel and Humanitarian Aid for Palestinians.
- Show support and solidarity with those in captivity. Download our toolkit for congregations and communities to Honor a Hostage.
- Support the URJ's Israel and Reform Zionism work. Your gift enables us to provide invaluable resources and opportunities for individuals, congregations, and communities across North America.
- Is it Antisemitism? Guidance for a Post-October 7th World
- Tips for navigating discussions with family members.
- Learn how to respond to social media posts that are antisemitic, anti-Israel, and/or contain misinformation or disinformation.
- Toolkit for Clergy: Prayers, readings, recordings, and resources to incorporate into your services.
- Ensure the safety of your community by following these tips from Secure Community Network (SCN).
- The URJ has compiled resources to help parents talk about Israel in an authentic, age-appropriate manner.
- Pray for the State of Israel, the Israel Defense Forces, the civilians held captive, and for peace. The Central Conference of American Rabbis (CCAR) has compiled a free booklet of prayers.