Whether you’re a URJ Biennial veteran or this will be your first time attending, we can’t wait to see you in Orlando this November! Together, we’ll experience the best and biggest Reform Jewish gathering ever – the rousing song sessions, joyous Shabbat worship, incredible ruach, inspiring entertainment and musical performances, occasions to network with Reform Jewish leaders from congregations across North America, and so much more. There’s no limit to the amazing opportunities – both familiar favorites and new experiences – packed into each day’s URJ Biennial activities.
Wednesday through Friday programming will be tailored to lay, professional, clergy, and up-and-coming leaders, featuring learning sessions, networking opportunities, plenaries, worship, and evening entertainment. There are 130 specialized learning sessions, including four intensive tracks:
- Strengthening Congregations: This track will focus on six characteristics of strong congregations and will feature a keynote by Dr. Robert Brooks, an expert on leadership, resilience, and emotional intelligence expert from Harvard Medical School.
- Audacious Hospitality: Help put outreach and inclusion into action, featuring a keynote on organizational change, leadership, and diversity promotion by Apoorva Gandhi, vice president of multi-cultural affairs for Marriott International.
- Tikkun Olam: Take the opportunity to impact global and local change on significant issues that challenge our world. This track’s keynote will focus on multi-faith justice efforts and will be presented by Reverend Jennifer Bailey, founder of the Faith Matters Network.
- Transforming Texts: Offered in partnership with Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religious, this track will explore the joy and fulfillment of text study. The track keynote will come from HUC President Rabbi Aaron Panken and Rabbi Michael Marmur,
Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Provost of HUC-JIR/Jerusalem.
We’re also proud to present the Youth Social Justice Symposium, adults and teens working together to harness the passion, power, and drive of millennials to make a difference. This track is presented by URJ Youth and the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism.
Do you know someone who would benefit from this amazing programming? We bet you do! There are plenty of ways to encourage friends and colleagues to register for Biennial:
- Share the Biennial with them on Facebook
- Give them eight reasons to attend
- Send them a Biennial eCard
But tell them to hurry: Registration closes on October 23rd!