Social justice is at the core of the Reform Jewish Movement. Every day, our nearly 900 congregations pursue justice at the state, local, provincial, and federal levels. To acknowledge and encourage this meaningful work, every two years the Commission on Social Action of Reform Judaism (CSA) recognizes Reform congregations doing outstanding social justice work that is innovative, multi-generational and replicable with the Irving J. Fain Social Justice Awards.
We invite you to submit a project for the 2019 Fain Awards. The CSA seeks to recognize congregations that have created programs, initiatives and campaigns that:
- Galvanize the congregation and community around a social justice issue
- Join with vulnerable populations in times of need
- Effect legislative change at the state, local or provincial level
- Develop social justice leadership within the congregation
- Foster sacred and civil dialogue
- Partner across lines of race, class and faith
You can learn more about past winners and apply for a Fain Award on our website. Apply now to be recognized for your congregation’s contribution to making a more whole, just and compassionate world.
Awards will be presented at the 2019 URJ Biennial in Chicago. Applications close July 8, 2019.