As we kindle our menorah candles, we are reminded of the power of community in our Hanukkah history. Today welcoming strangers in from the outskirts of our community and helping more of our people fall in love with Judaism are among our challenges.
More people can lead meaningful lives shaped by Jewish values because the Union for Reform Judaism:
- Strengthens communities, providing leadership training and support to almost 10,000 clergy, lay, and professional leaders.
- Contributes to repairing the world with efforts around the refugee crisis, gun control, climate change, and more.
- Embraces unengaged and interfaith families where they are with resources such as ReformJudaism.org, visited by more than 3.5 million users since its launch in 2013.
- Promotes spiritual growth, community and lifelong connections for the nearly 28,000 children, teens, and young adults annually, through URJ summer camps, youth groups, and Israel and service travel programs.
- Gathers 5,000 strong each URJ Biennial to learn, pray, dance and sing, promote ideas and make decisions about our Movement's policies.
With your generosity, the URJ can continue to reimagine Jewish life for our growing community. Will you join us in this moment of possibility and help us swing the gates wide open?
Chag urim sameach, happy Hanukkah to you and your loved ones.