65th General Assembly
The success of the 65th Union of American Hebrew Congregations General Assembly has been made possible by the unstinting and tireless efforts of so many who labored on its behalf.
THEREFORE , the Union of American Hebrew Congregations resolves to extend its collective heartfelt gratitude to:
- The host congregations and hundreds of dedicated volunteers from Central Florida, especially the Congregation of Liberal Judaism of Orlando, Rabbi Steven Engel, President Nancy Walk, and Cantorial Soloist Beth Schafer;
- Jane Rips, Biennial Program Chair, and Ina Glasberg, Biennial Program Vice Chair, and the members of the UAHC Biennial Program Committee for developing the informative, challenging, and stimulating Biennial program;
- Fern and Shep Burr, Local Arrangements Chairs, and the Local Arrangements Committee for their dedication, efficiency, and always friendly assistance;
- Robin Hirsch, Biennial Director, and her assistant, Laura Sztejnberg, for their superb leadership and guidance in the planning and implementation of every facet of this 65th UAHC General Assembly and their patience and understanding in addressing the complexities of this undertaking;
- Rabbi Daniel Freelander, Rabbi Kim Geringer, Rabbi Stacy Bergman, Paula Desrochers, Merri Markowitz, Jean Bowdish, Len Lawrence, Robin Riback, Edie Miller, Rabbi Elliott Kleinman, Loui Dobin, Cantor Josee Wolff, Rabbinic Intern Richard Prass, and the entire UAHC staff, without whom this 65th General Assembly would not have been possible;
- Stan Loeb, Resolutions Committee Chair, the members of the Resolutions Committee, Mark Pelavin, and the Religious Action Center staff for their dedication and commitment in formulating resolutions for consideration by the 65th General Assembly; and
- Jay Geller, President's Message Committee Chair, and the members of the President's Message Committee for their skill in crafting resolutions for consideration by the 65th General Assembly from Rabbi Eric Yoffie's Shabbat morning message.