Overview and purpose:
We are looking for a Business Analyst who is skilled in developing technical solutions in support of the organization’s mission. This role will work collaboratively with internal teams to increase the organization’s impact by improving business processes and leveraging new technologies. You will be a key facilitator within projects and will assess needs, identify technical solutions to address those needs, support in the design and implementation of technical tools, and help other teams learn to use those tools. You are an analytical and resourceful problem solver who takes pride in your ability to provide effective and creative solutions to an organization’s needs. You are able to work collaboratively with others to understand and define needs and are adept at facilitating the creation of solutions to current and future problems. You enjoy connecting people and technology.
The Business Analyst reports to the Director of Business Systems and is highly collaborative with other peer teams.
The Union for Reform Judaism (URJ) is a dynamic network of congregations, lay leaders, clergy and professionals across North America. Our progressive, inclusive approach unites thousands of years of Jewish tradition and values with modern Jewish experience to strengthen Judaism today and for future generations. Through programs, information, and networking opportunities provided by the URJ, our nearly 850 member congregations enhance their capacity to build and expand community, deepen Jewish learning, energize worship, pursue social justice and develop inspired leadership.
Who You Are:
• Team-oriented collaborator: You team up and meaningfully work with internal teams across the organization to provide effective solutions.
• A curious problem-solver: You are always learning and seeking ways to resourcefully improve systems and processes. You understand the working environment and can translate it into business requirements. You bring ideas for improvements and will speak out if you see a better way of doing things.
• Natural relationship builder: You can easily establish connections across teams, are able to anticipate needs and make sure people have the information they need to make decisions.
• Skilled communicator: You are able to translate complex technical concepts and intricacies of systems into clear and understandable language. You are able to act as a bridge between functional and technical teams.
What you’ll do as our Business Analyst:
• Build strong relationships across the organization in order to facilitate the exchange of knowledge and collaboration with the Business Systems Team
• Partner with departments and teams to identify and analyze opportunities to improve business outcomes using innovative technology solutions
• Work with management to identify new and creative opportunities to leverage Salesforce and other CRM tools to inform decision-making and improve business processes
• Develop metrics, reports, and dashboards in order to transform data into actionable information
• Support an existing portfolio of tools through small enhancements and bug fixes
• Gather functional, business, and solutions requirements in preparation for the development and implementation of new projects
• Create and maintain admin and end-user documentation
• Develop training plans and materials for end-users
Experience You Bring:
• Bachelors Degree
• 2-3 years of experience in business analysis or similar work
• 2 years of relevant experience in a not-for-profit organization, or serving not-for-profit organizations
• Experience using Salesforce or similar CRM products to develop client or business solutions in a nonprofit setting
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new systems, processes, and procedures
• Experience working with all levels of the organization, both technical and non-technical
• Proven ability to leverage analytical and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced environment
• Drive and desire to learn and grow
• Ability to develop relationships with stakeholders and understand their needs through excellent listening and communication
• Ability to work independently and as a member of the team
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver on a common goal
Please include a one-page cover letter along with your resume, outlining how your skills and experience and how you meet the essential functions and qualifications of the position. We’re looking forward to hearing from you! Apply Online.
The URJ maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals including those of any race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations. The URJ encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the position.