Serving as a positive role model and support for our youth, demonstrating a passion for Jewish learning and living.
Overseeing the Tween (6th-8th grade) and BeTTY (9th-12th grade) youth groups.
Recruiting and encouraging members’ active involvement in the youth groups.
Coordinating the planning and chaperoning of religious, social action, or social programs yearly (5 for
the Tweens and 5 for BeTTY), in partnership with the BeTTY youth board.
Supervising the planning and chaperoning of 2-3 fundraising events per year, in partnership with the
BeTTY youth board.
Ensuring that all youth programs and events are welcoming and safe.
Communicating with youth, parents and the temple community regarding all youth activities.
Maintaining a strong presence at NFTY events and our URJ-affiliated camp (OSRUI).
Collaborating with lay leadership and staff in creating positive experiences for our youth, including
the creation and continuance of partnerships between youth and adult committees.
Managing the Youth budget in conjunction with the Board of Directors Youth Co-Chairs.
Fostering leadership within our teens while nurturing their enthusiasm for their Jewish identity.
● The Board of Directors’ Youth Co-Chairs and the Vice President of Education.
● A college degree in education, social work or Jewish Studies preferred but not necessary.
● Experience with Jewish youth programming, including summer camps.
● Proven leadership and leadership development skills.
● A positive attitude, collaborative spirit and engaging personality.
● A strong sense of Jewish identity and values. Benefits:
● Working with a self-motivated, active and well-respected youth program.
● Flexible work schedule.
● Possibility for other teaching opportunities within the congregation.
If interested, please submit your résumé to Anne Gruettner, VP of Education, Beth Tikvah Congregation, 300 Hillcrest Boulevard, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.